Quality Education Academy receives federal Title I funds. Throughout the school year, we will be providing you with important information about this law as it relates to your scholar's education. Parents have a right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of the classroom staff working with their scholar. QEA will be able to provide you with the following information regarding the qualifications of your scholar's teacher(s):
1. Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
2. Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status because of special circumstances.
3. Whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and the field of discipline of the teacher's certification or degree.
If at any time your scholar has been taught for four (4) or more consecutive weeks by a teacher(s) that is not highly qualified, then you will be notified by the school. You also have the right to request information regarding the qualifications of the paraprofessional(s) assisting your scholar's teacher(s). If your scholar is receiving Title I services from a paraprofessional, then QEA is able to provide you with the following information:
1. Whether the paraprofessional has completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education.
2. Whether the paraprofessional has completed an associate's degree (or higher).
3. Whether the paraprofessional has met a rigorous standard of quality through our state's certification procedure for determining the quality of paraprofessional staff.
4. Whether the paraprofessional has:
(a) the knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics or
(b) the knowledge of and the ability to assist in learning activities, such as homework, reading readiness, writing, mathematics, and other support as appropriate.
To request this information, please complete the form below and submit it to the Office Associate in your scholar's building. If you should have any questions regarding your scholar's education, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (336) 744-7138 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.